Terms & Conditions
- The Intellectual Property disclosure will inform users that the contents, logo and other visual media you created is your property and is protected by copyright laws.
- A Termination clause will inform that users’ accounts on your website and mobile app or users’ access to your website and mobile (if users can’t have an account with you) can be terminated in case of abuses or at your sole discretion.
- A Governing Law will inform users which laws govern the agreement. This should the country in which your company is headquartered or the country from which you operate your web site and mobile app.
- A Links To Other Web Sites clause will inform users that you are not responsible for any third party web sites that you link to. This kind of clause will generally inform users that they are responsible for reading and agreeing (or disagreeing) with the Terms and Conditions or Privacy Policies of these third parties.
- If your website or mobile apps allows users to create content and make that content public to other users, a Content section will inform users that they own the rights to the content they have created.
The “Content” clause usually mentions that users must give you (the website or mobile app developer) a license so that you can share this content on your website/mobile app and to make it available to other users.
Because the content created by users is public to other users, a DMCA notice clause (or Copyright Infringement ) section is helpful to inform users and copyright authors that, if any content is found to be a copyright infringement, you will respond to any DMCA take down notices received and you will take down the content.
- A Limit What Users Can Do clause can inform users that by agreeing to use your service, they’re also agreeing to not do certain things. This can be part of a very long and thorough list in your Terms and Conditions agreements so as to encompass the most amount of negative uses.
HST# 894538560RT001 SERVICES: Preventative maintenance may include cleaning, lubricating, and calibration or verification of instruments. Additional labour and cost of parts for repairs are not included in this contract. If repair service is required the additional cost may be added on to the PM Contract or billed separately upon the descretion GSIS. Prepaid PM service cannot be used towards repair services. All work is to be done on weekdays between 8:30am and 4:pm (holidays excluded). EMERGENCIES: Emergency service is not part of this agreement. Emergency service is available at current emergency service rates portal to portal, from the nearest service centre. This requires a separate work order and purchase order #. CONDITIONS: Malfunctions due to abnormal conditions are not covered. The following malfunctions are specifically excluded: (A) Non-performance of routine user maintenance as per instruction manuals are specifically excluded (B) All natural or man-made disasters (C) Damage due to the relocation of the instrument (D) Abuse, misuse, power surges, or water damage (E) Malfunctions due to the use of reagents and supplies not recommended by the manufacturer. Upgrades are not covered. User supplies and maintenance items are not provided. Preventative maintenance is intended to keep equipment operating at its optimum and reduce major failures by early diagnosis. However, this does not ensure that failiures will not occur from time to time. Any work that is done outside of regular working hours will be billed at a rate of 1.5x the hourly rate. COVERAGE: Upon customer acceptance this proposal is valid for one year. Proposals accepted may be cancelled upon 30 day notice by either party in writing prior to the commencement of the primary service of the PM. QUOTATIONS: The impacts of COVID-19 cannot be reasonably determined at this time. This quote/proposal does not account for any potential adverse impacts COVID-19 may have on General Scientific’s performance or obligations herein. In the event of any delays or adverse impacts, General Scientific reserves the right for an equitable adjustment of the delivery schedule and prices herein to offset the effects of COVID-19 delays, without fault or penalty of any kind. All quotations (Sales Orders) are an estimate of the cost to repair an instrument or perform a specific service. Actual costs may be (+/- 15%) higher or lower and will be reflected on the invoice. PAYMENT: The customer agrees to pay the value of the contract in full. Payment is due upon the primary service being completed. Credit card payments are subject to a service fee of 3 per cent of the total amount.